Saturday, January 29, 2011
Here is a large clothespin that I altered using the new Robin's Nest botanicals line. I took the clothespin apart, painted it with acrylic paint and then after the paint dried, I cut my papers the size I would need. Then I used Mod Podge to glue the paper on. When completely dry, I reattached the spring mechanism, then glued on paper flowers, ribbons and a cute button.
In the picture is my Grandmother (middle) and her sisters. The one to the right of my Grandmother is her identical twin sister. As a small child I always wondered why I had "two" grandmothers!! Hope you enjoy this and will make one for yourself using these beautiful papers!
Friday, January 21, 2011
This is a cute Valentine's chipboard book that was lots of fun to alter. The book itself is from Michael's (found it in the "dollar" bin!). On the front I stamped Faith, Hope, and Love onto wide twill tape and tucked it under the heart. In the next picture I used Spellbinders "Timeless Heritage" dies to make the lock and key, and Dew Drops for accents. Next I stamped flowers and circles on the inside of the heart, then used markers to fill in some of them. In the last picture, I used the new Robin's Nest paper "Classic Roses" as background, then added my image and quote. The photo corners are made from a Spellbinders die.