Karen here to share with you a happy springtime layout. We visited a botanical garden with my little nephew and he just adored walking the trails and exploring the flowers & plants. Prepare for an overload of cuteness!
Here are the products I used!
Photos: 5x6", 2.5x2.5", 3x3", 2.5x3.5" (3)
1. Attach Cloud Cardstock to a 12x12" white cardstock. Cut a strip of Ivy Trim Cardstock 3" wide and adhere it 2" from the bottom edge of the layout.
2. Matte the 5x6" photo with yellow glitter cardstock.
3. Cut two photos using a circle paper punch. (2.5" & 3") Next, use the 2.5" punch to cut a circle from the 2.5x3.5" photo but do not discard the frame. Use a nail file to sand the edge of the circle photo to reveal the white core. To add stability to the frame, attach a piece of cardstock to the back. Then, carefully align the circle into the original position within the 2.5x3.5" photo and reattach it using 3D foam tape.
TIP: When using a paper punch to cut photos, turn the punch over to the backside so you can see the blades and center it perfectly. Insert the photo into the punch so that you can see the image in the window. When you are satisfied with the placement, press the lever while the punch is still upside down. (Note: only top photo has a sanded edge)
4. Gently sand the edges of the circle photos to give them a thin white edge.
5. Adhere three photos overlapping in a row underneath the main photo. (2.5x3.5")
6. Use a Postage Stamp Paper Punch to cut out the base for the letters on white cardstock. Select the most important word in your title and adhere Blue Glitter Letter Stickers to the white postage stamps.
8. Adhere a scattering of Dew Drops on both sides of the trio photo cluster. Finally, embellish the layout with 5 wooden flowers, chipboard wildflowers, a denim pocket, and 3 dragonflies.
A Closure Look:
Robin's Nest Supplies:
Limoncello Glitter Cardstock
Ivy Trim Cardstock (stripe on reverse side)
Blue Glitter Letter Stickers
Round Dew Drops
Dew Dew Glue
white cardstock, wooden flower embellishments, denim pocket embellishment, 3 dragonflies, liquid adhesive, alphabet stickers, chipboard (Basic Grey), Stardust Stickles Glitter Glue (Ranger), Circle Punch 2.5" & 3" (Marvey Uchida), Postage Stamp Paper Punch (EK Success)
Don't forget you can watch 100's of wonderful instructional videos on
The Robin's Nest YouTube channel
and be sure to follow us on Facebook too!
Drop by Karen's blog, Art & Soul to see more of her work.
Thanks for visiting!